[OSM-talk] will we be nuked from orbit?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Jul 24 23:04:09 BST 2007

On 24 Jul 2007, at 22:46, Steve Coast wrote:
> Hypothetically, what if Google started accepting GPS data and
> making their own map tomorrow? Without license problems or flaky
> servers, clearly they would be able to attract a lot of potential
> OSMers. As I said, I don't know how it will pan out, but I think
> it's really worth thinking about.

I doubt that many OSMers who are drawn ideologically to the idea of
free mapping would be tempted to contribute to a non-free community
mapping project would they?

<optimist>It's an endorsement of OSM's model and it'll raise the
profile of community mapping and bring more recruits to OSM</optimist>

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net