[OSM-talk] buildings

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 11:58:59 BST 2007

Whilst also not wishing to build up expectations I have also started
working on some ideas for tweaking the osm.xml style file for the mapnik
layer on slippy.
Thanks to some excellent support I have mapnik running locally on an XP
box and can test things in this setup before commiting back to SVN.
It is a pretty steep learning curve for me (not least de-composing the
XML and seeing what it all does and when), so don't expect masses of
things to appear immediately (and remember the week lag for planet
re-rendering).
For instance, I think I understand what is needed to render generic
building tag with some standard fill and line but have yet to actually
do it. If someone else has done it and submitted to SVN then perhaps you
could mail me off-list.
So, please don't send me loads of suggestions, but hey watch this space.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk