[OSM-talk] JOSM installer, some (not only Win32 specific) questions to be solved ...

Immanuel Scholz imi at eigenheimstrasse.de
Thu Jul 26 09:33:09 BST 2007

Hi,

> I'll need two fixed URL's to get
> both the stable and the latest of the JOSM *and* plugin versions from.

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins/LatestRelease should contain
plugins that work with the latest release but does not work with the
latest development version.

> So I guess we'll need a "snapshot" of JOSM *and* the corresponding
> plugins when a JOSM release is made. This ensures, that the plugins
> included with the installer are compatible with JOSM.

You can try to download a snapshot of all plugins you like to include in
 a stable release when JOSM is released, but this removes the
oppertunity of plugin developer to do some pre-release changes.

The basic algorithm for the snapshot download should be: Look at
Plugins/LatestRelease and if an entry is there, download this version.
If not, look at Plugins main page instead.

This, of course, only applies to plugins added to the trac page ;)

> I'm currently using a "fictional" version number for the installer, and
> I'm really not pleased with this.
>
> It seems to be a good idea to use the SVN version number from OSM for
> the installer, but JOSM uses it's own SVN. Will the OSM svn increase
> it's version, each time the JOSM version increases?

The version numbers of JOSM an the osm subversion are unrelated.

Ciao, Imi.

--
DF0E A04F 7063 69C5 A76B  7557 0A77 608F 9172 3535