[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:08:23 BST 2007

On 7/26/07, Raphael Mack <ramack at raphael-mack.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.07.2007, 10:10 +0200 schrieb Joerg Ostertag (OSM
> Munich/Germany):
> > > No, honestly, this is something we also need - a way to stick "editing
> > > notes" like post-its onto our maps so that others editing in the same
> > > area can be alerted to something you want them to know.
> >
> > Sounds nice:
> >       postit="please don't break my roads" ;-)
>
> isn't the k=note tag something like that? - maybe editors or even
> renderers could view them on the map?

I know that note="free text" and fixme="free text" are both in use
currently, for similar (but slightly different) purposes.

It would be nice if editors were to display the text. Maybe /i\ and
/!\ icons which show text when clicked - this could be part of either
mappaint or validator plugins or even written out across the maplint
layer.

Andy