[OSM-talk] JOSM Win32 installer (was: Re: will we be nuked from orbit?)

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Fri Jul 27 03:26:14 BST 2007

Grant Slater schrieb:

> Nullsoft Installer (NSIS) does compile on a linux/unix machines but
> requires a GCC cross-compiler mingw32.
> Some of the details are available on doing this are available here:
> http://cho.hapgoods.com/wordpress/?p=138 and
> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/AppendixG.html#G.4
>
> The scripts for creating the NSIS JOSM windows installer are available
> here: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/nsis/

As planned, I've changed the installer now to install JOSM and some
plugins only. Installation of mapnik, osmarender or other stuff is more
complicated (dependency problems), so it's unlikely to have a "combined
OSM installer" for all OSM stuff anytime soon - or probably never, I
just don't know.

Therefore I've moved the NSIS installer in SVN to the JOSM dir,
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/nsis/ and changed
it's name and some texts from openstreetmap to josm.

As there's no real use of the previous fictional version number I've
used for the installer, I've replaced it simply by "latest", so the
installer is now called josm-setup-latest.exe all the time.

I may also add a way to build an installer for the released version (if
I find time and motivation), e.g. josm-setup-1.5.exe, but that would
also be a somewhat stable name.

The shell script uses wget to get josm and some of the plugins, it was
formerly using -nc which only downloads stuff when not already there.
I've changed this to -N, so stuff will be downloaded if newer on server
than locally. This should make it easier for cron jobs to update stuff.
> I'll stop delaying and get it all up and running on my machine today,
> unless someone else prefers. http://code.firefishy.com/files/

That's already looking good. If you could set up a daily cron job (or
alike) to rebuild the installer and put it at
http://code.firefishy.com/files/nsis/ would be awesome.

I then would add the installer to the JOSM (and probably also the
eigenheimstrasse) Wiki, so the "unwashed windows masses" can really use
it ...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Unfortunately, there are currently some incompatibilities between
latest josm and some plugins (see
http://josm.eigenheimstrasse.de/ticket/204, I guess the validator plugin
has currently some problems in addition with latest changes in JOSM), so
using the installed josm currently doesn't work well - but that's true
for using the jar files without the installer as well.