[OSM-talk] geotagged images in josm

Luka Frelih luka at ljudmila.org
Sun Jul 29 19:21:08 BST 2007

wow, yes, it really works very well.
i have set the time on the camera to utc some days ago (on intuition) so
i didn't even have to set the timezone.
thanks a lot for the instructions.

naturally, now i have more questions (enhancement requests?):
- is there some way yet to get the geotags out of the josm session
 a) into the exif tags of images?
 b) into an .osm format file or data layer?

and some "nitpicks" (as these issues can be worked around fairly easily)
- the images have to be exif tagged, their file creation date or
filename is not considered in getting the time information (filename
sounds weird, i know, but it is more stable than ctime/mtime when
copying around)
- image files with extensions other than jpg (jpeg, for example) cannot
be selected for import
- images already online have to be downloaded first (in connection with
question b above)

cheers,
LF