[OSM-talk] Help with water rendering in tiles at home

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Mon Jun 18 20:20:05 BST 2007

On 6/18/07, Adam McLeod <adam at adammcleod.com> wrote:
> I am trying to fix the water rendering around my home town.  I have some
> areas of water working, but others are not.  I have modified the coast
> lines that were built by some script such that the water is on the right,
> and the ways are all continuous.  In the location below, you can see two
> little areas of water.  The one on the right should be water, and the one
> on the left should be an island.  What am I missing to make this work?

I'm not sure what's going on with your water, but as my home area has
plenty of water [1], let me explain my method for mapping it.  Draw
all segments and ways in a clockwise manner.  If there's an island,
split your body of water along the island.  From the interior of each
water region the ways should still proceed CW.  From the perspective
of the island, the two ways should proceed in a CCW manner.  There
isn't actually a way for the island, it's simply the absence of water.

Cheers,

Adam

[1] http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=4117049.0827&lon=-9218754.71481&zoom=12&layers=B00000