[OSM-talk] Tiles at Home client update

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:25:10 GMT 2007

Kristian Thy skrev:
> On Fri, Mar 02, J.D. Schmidt wrote:
>> New verion of the Tiles at Home client uploaded to SVN.
>>
>> Includes Bezier curve hinting of ways, just like in the Osm at Home client.
>> T at H renderers are urged to upgrade.
>> Remember that you MUST install the Math::Vec perl module, in order to
>> use the new client.
>
> There seem to be some origin errors with the new curves:
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Tiles/tile.php/12/2185/1282.png
>
> \\kristian

We found the culprit who shall remain unamed (Just buy me a couple of
beers at SOTM sxpert.. :D), who generated the bad renderings,
Looks like there's an issue with Gentoo on AMD64 boxes. Bad mathlibs,
rounding errors in the underlying routines called by Math::Vec, or
something of that kind.
So far it seems that only Gentoo AMD64 boxes are affected. No errors on
Ubuntu AMD64 boxes (and probably not on any other Debian deriatived
AMD64 distros).

I've changed the Bangkok client to include a config option "NoBezier"
which when set to 1 in the tiles at home.conf file will render without the
beziercurve hinting.

If you are using Gentoo on an AMD64 architecture, please upgrade to SVN
revison 2200.
Other users do not need to upgrade, unless they want to render without
bezier curve hinting.

J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt