[OSM-talk] Tagging urban streets

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Mon Mar 5 19:33:11 GMT 2007

El Lunes, 5 de Marzo de 2007 13:35, Simon Hewison escribió:
> In the UK, it's reasonably easy, since most roads are given a designation
> by national or local government, even within towns.

> I'm not sure about Spain. I've never been there.

Here in Spain, roads are also given designations by the local/national
goverment, along with pretty colors (on the road signs containing the road
designation):

Blue = highway
Red = national-level road = "trunk"
Orange = 1st local-level road = "primary"
Green = 2nd local-level road = "secondary"
Yellow = 3rd local-level road = "tertiary"

However, when most roads enter a city (or village), they lose their
denomination and color, and gain a street name.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

http://acm.asoc.fi.upm.es/~mr/ ; http://acm.asoc.fi.upm.es/~ivan/
MSN:i_eat_s_p_a_m_for_breakfast at hotmail.com