[OSM-talk] New atlas-generation program

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Tue Mar 6 10:40:11 GMT 2007

> Hi,
>
> Hakan wrote:
>  > One useful feature would be a rotation parameter to the map command.
>  > I'd love to have a overview page of complete turkey (19 degrees of
>  > longitude, 7 degrees of latitude) on one page ;-)
>
> I was just about to get you the proper BigMap URL, but the BigMap script
> only does quadratic maps. Oliver, could you perhaps put "X" and "Y"
> sizes in the URL instead of only one size parameter? Or just hand over
> the source ;-)

BigMap can't rotate the map either. I'd like to use an overview map of
turkey to use as much of the paper "real estate" as possible.

I'll try to come up with a patch. libgd can rotate images on the fly; that
might be useful in this context.

> Hm. Should be possible to automatically generate BigMaps for any country
> by using the bounding boxes from here: http://ws.geonames.org/countryInfo?

Interesting data source ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...