[OSM-talk] Newbie help

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Sat Mar 10 14:37:30 GMT 2007

newbie help...

El Sábado, 10 de Marzo de 2007 14:53, Francis Augusto Medeiros escribió:
> I do have some questions, having tried to use Josm:
>
> 1 - How can I change the direction of a segment?

If you use the lastest version of JOSM, you have a "reverse segment" tool in
the "edit" menu. Remember that you can put that tool in the tolbar by editing
your toolbar preerences.

> 2 - How can I move the map on the mac? (yeah, stupid question, but I
> tried a lot and only zooming worked - and no, i don't have a two
> button mouse)

Just drop by Santa Ifigenia and buy a USB mouse for R$ 20 ;-)

> 4 - Should I stick to UK conventions? I mean, the styles already
> understand it so it can be easily rendered, so if I create different
> tags in Portuguese it will make it kinda hard when someone else wants
> to render using a default osmarender, right?

Right: if you invent new tags, current renderers (osmarender and mapnik, and
possibly others) will not render your data.

People from all europe have tailored the Map Features page on the wiki, to
match local conventions; you should do the same for Brazil. Get a list of the
different types/classifications of estradas and rodovías, and match them to
motorways/primary/secondary/tertiary roads.

By the way, are you the one mapping the Tieté and Pinheiros marginals?

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.