[OSM-talk] Iceland on OSM

Þórir Már Jónsson thorirj at isavia.is
Tue Mar 13 00:00:05 GMT 2007

Hi.  My name is Thorir Jonsson, and this would be my first post to this mailing list :)

I discovered the OSM project a few weeks ago, and after reading trough the wiki and test running JOSM for a while, I soon felt confident enough to start some mapping.  I started by mapping the town I live in (Seltjarnarnes, a suburb of the capital, Reykjavík), and completed that work (and a little more) over the past weekend.

A screenshot of Seltjarnarnes in JOSM can be seen here: http://vetur.net/myndir/JOSM_screenshot2.png

Or if you prefer, you can download the area yourself using the coordinates found in this screenshot:
http://vetur.net/myndir/JOSM_screenshot1.png

The reason I'm writing this is twofold.

First, I am unable to view any of my work on the map.  The data is there (as you can see for yourself), but for some reason it doesn't show up on the map.  And yes I've already followed the instructions in the FAQ, requesting ASAP rendering of the area ;)

Second, the area I'm editing in JOSM looks distorted, as if I'm viewing it from an angle.  I'm guessing this is correct behaviour, and is a consequence of editing at such a northerly latitude.  It is still annoying as all turns and angles look wrong when editing, and in some locations, it can be confusing.  Is there any way for me to change this so that JOSM shows the data from directly above?

Best regards,
TJ

Thessi tolvupostur og vidhengi hans geta innihaldid
trunadarupplysingar og er eingongu aetlaður theim sem hann er
stiladur a.
Oheimil medferd tolvuposts thessa og vidhengja hans getur vardad
skadabota- og refsiabyrgd samkvaemt logum um fjarskipti. Efni
tolvupostsins og viðhengja er a abyrgd sendanda ef thad tengist
ekki starfsemi Flugstodar ohf. Ef Thu ert ekki skradur
mottakandi og hefur fengid skeytid vegna mistaka, vinsamlegast
hafdu strax samband vid sendanda.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person or
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.