[OSM-talk] Frustration of an experienced mapper

Dan Moore writetodan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 13:28:36 GMT 2007

hi Christoph,

i don't think there's anything particularly wrong with what you're suggesting, but the added complexity to the data model and knock-on effects, both development-wise and computation-wise of that could be larger than at first glance - for example:
 * working out the bounding-box / intersections of a linear segment vs. a Bezier curve
 * what happens when intersection nodes added to curve
 * requirement of all clients/renderers to implement new data model
 * length-of-segment calculations

> Sigh. In my next life I want to become a Java hacker and to develop a
> cool easy to use polyline tool for JOSM ;-) .

be careful what you wish for!
cheers, dan.