[OSM-talk] Duplicate data nodes/segments/ways

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Sun Mar 18 17:53:17 GMT 2007

Hi Folks,

I've just run into a problem with duplicate data on an area I'm working on.
I just noticed when I tried to move a node in JOSM which revealed a way
including nodes an segments underneath those that were moved. I'm guessing
that maybe this has come about following a failed upload from within JOSM,
it's happened once or twice when the connection to the server as dropped. My
question is... Is there any way to easily find this duplicate information
and preferably clean it up too? By easily I mean without having to manually
go through an OSM dump or try moving hundreds nodes to see if anything
appears underneath them in JOSM...

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks,