[OSM-talk] osmarender4, disspoinment experiance

Dubravko Penezic dpenezic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:55:35 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just get osmarender4 from SVN and try to do some rendering and it doesnt work.

Mostly it is problem with files which are on wrong position/directory.
80n got from me osmarender3 version which  work with directory file
system, so it is possible to use it like that but existing
configuration doesnt work at all. It is neccery to copy files around
to fix system to render.

Secondly using very powerful Intel server procesor with 4 GB RAM take
osmarender to render data slower then version 3 , and doasnt work on
my FireFox (calling unknown XPath function).
Also, way show taging options, when system doesnt use all tags for
rendering ? ... (also part of one of my sugestion times ago).

Please do something, when some new cartographer do some things, it is
nice to see what is done. But if they must to know more then simply
step to render data it is at least frustreting experiance.

TIA

Dubravko