[OSM-talk] finding new stuff when mapping

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 17:49:25 GMT 2007

Not magical in sense you use for finding something.
But three things struck me on London Mapping party weekend :
1 the fabulous architecture still in evidence in places like Lincoln's
Inn Fields (with private estates behind closed walls - New Sq)
2 the fascinating little alleyways and yards - off Fleet St in
particular (eg Cheshire Cheese alley)
3 the contrast between the wealth in jewelry shops in Hatton Garden and
the run-down areas right next door to them
Doing the detailed mapping took me to places in my own city that I might
never have visited.
I learnt a lot about the city I have lived in for yonks in those few
hours.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk