[OSM-talk] finding new stuff when mapping

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Fri Mar 23 12:19:53 GMT 2007

> The thing that always gets me when mapping is just how many people
live
> and
> work in the area. The size of a place is quite abstract on a map but
when
> you
> cycle or walk down every road, marking off every little amenity and
land
> use,
> it becomes much more real, which I really like.

Tell me about it. I'm frequently on what to me is "the most obscure road
in the entire universe", yet there always seem to be lots of people who
need to drive down it, presumably with much more purpose than "just
seeing what's there". What do all these people do? Also how on earth
does Royal Mail manage to collect mail from all those post boxes and
deliver it to all those letter boxes every day?!

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com