[OSM-talk] JOSM and layers of segments

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:43:12 BST 2007

On 3/25/07, Jonas Svensson <jonass at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> I just tried to fix a way were the name rendered a little oddly but
> could not do much. The problem seems that the way in some parts
> consists of two segments between the same two nodes, however the
> segments is headed in the opposite way. Thus when I select the way
> I get what looks like a segment with two headings/arrows. Also even
> when I select one segment I can't delete it without deleting the
> whole way. Is there any other way to fix this but to delete and
> recreate the whole way? I could of course go down to the bare metal
> and use the REST-API, but I prefer not to.

Using JOSM I assume?

Anyway, first thing is to get the segments out of the way. Select the
way and use the way tool to remove one or both segments from the way.
Then, once you've selected the segments, go to the selection list and
double click on the segment you want to delete. It may take a few
times to get the right one. Once you've got it, hit the delete
command. If necessary add the other segment back to the way (and
reorder it).

Hope this helps,