[OSM-talk] JOSM Name Finder Plugin

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 18 03:59:03 BST 2007

Hi,

    I have tied David Earl's name finding service into the JOSM download
dialog via a simple plugin. If you have a JOSM version downloaded on 18
May or later, installing this plugin should give you an extra tab on the
download dialog called "places", where you can enter any string and then
select from whatever David's service returns.

This is really just a proof of concept and there is a lot that can and
should be improved. I mainly intended this as a proof that my mechanism
for plugins to add new tabs to the download dialog is really working
(and as an example of how to do it), and I would be quite happy if
someone would make this into a nice & polished extension (or make an
entirely new name finder to replace this one).

It's in SVN, under applications/editors/JOSM/plugins/namefinder. There's
also a jar file for those who do not want to compile it themselves, but
note you will need the newest josm-latest.jar for this to work!

Bye
Frederik