[OSM-talk] OSM to Illustrator

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Tue May 22 10:15:38 BST 2007

Has anyone experimented (and succeeded!) with importing OSM data to
mainstream graphics software packages such as Illustrator or CorelDraw?
I am thinking of the potential uses by "traditional" cartographers. I
can move data to Inkscape and edit things fine there (it uses SVG as its
native format). However, trying to bring and SVG file either directly
from Osmarender (or via Inkscape first) into my version of CorelDraw
(vers X3) results in all sorts of size changes to lines and lettering,
that makes in unusable.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk

== Every day above ground is a good day ==
Chair of the Society of Cartographers:
http://www.soc.org.uk/
Mind the (Map) Gap: