[OSM-talk] TIGER cleannup

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Fri Nov 16 20:31:33 GMT 2007

beej wrote:
 > Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
 > > The reason you don't get a response is because no-one has any idea. In
 > > NL we're likely to get government street data in a few years, and we
 > > also have no idea how to deal with that...
 >
 > At least in the US, we can get our hands on aerial photography, and can
 > correct the bad census data from that.  It tends to go pretty quickly.

but what about areas where the TIGER data is simply mis-aligned?  for
instance, currently the TIGET data for san mateo county is off by about
200'.  and i think (i don't live in that area, so i'm not sure) that it's
the entire county that's affected.

i think OSM needs to have a plan for dealing with updates for these
sorts of issues, at least.

paul