[OSM-talk] waterway = dock WAS :Re: Osmarender 5

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Sep 4 14:47:14 BST 2007

blank
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jannis Achstetter" <krippi at gmail.com>
To: <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

> Alex S. schrieb:
>> 80n wrote:
>>
>>> On 9/3/07, *Stephen Gower* wrote:
>>>       In a couple of places, a foot/cycleway seems to take a different
>>>       route from its outline - meaning there is a stripy way as well as
>>>       the coloured way (which has no dotted outline).
>>>
>>> I'm curious about this one.  The core is being smoothed by the bezier
>>> pre-processor, but the casing is not.  This only appears to affect
>>> casings that have dashed strokes.  Not sure what the cause is yet - need
>>> to investigate further.
>>>

>> Some areas do the same thing:
>> http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=47.594651375318286&lon=-122.3311451625019&zoom=17&layers=B000F000
>>

> Even some railways seem to do this:
> http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=49.996634422316895&lon=9.06872910533393&zoom=16&layers=0B00F000
>
> I quite like the new stuff, looks clearer at certain zoom levels.
>
> Can someone please add a rule so that waterways with tunnel=yes do
> render? See here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tiles%40home/Dev/Appearance#Subterran_waterways
>
> And a thing that is broken ever since I created it:
> http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=49.970350265567795&lon=9.100507910859283&zoom=15&layers=0B00F000
> This a harbour and I used waterway=dock

waterway=dock is an area feature, not a linear one, so it expects a closed
area mot three straight lines. I have redrawn the feature, and asked for
tiles at home to re-render it.  You might want to check my re-draw is accurate.

Alternatively the outline of the dock could be drawn as part of the
riverbank., especially if there are no lock gates separating it from the
river, and tagged as waterway = riverbank

David