[OSM-talk] New mailing list for Argentina

Guillermo Sansovic sansovic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:57:36 BST 2008

> Getting your  own mailinglist is a good idea if you think you need it,
> but there are "consolidation effects" to get more people together on
> one mailing list. The Spanish mailing list which is pretty low volume.

I've lurking on the Spanish mailing list for some time and they seem to be
pretty focused on Spain. Bear in mind that although the language is the same, we
live in countries with very different mapping needs. I agree that some language
related mapping issues should be discussed in only one place but there are many
things specific to one country.

>  I recently had a discussion with some friends from South America, and
> they told me that we are lucky in Europe because we are so much the
> same, implying that  S.A is too hetrogeneous for cooperation.

There might be something to that but it also should be considered that there are
large countries around here. Brazil is the fifth country in the world by area
and Argentina the eighth (about 8 times the size of Germany).