[OSM-talk] Correct tagging of church grounds

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:33:22 BST 2008

Hi,

This post arises out of the Drogheda mapping party held last weekend.
For the party, our base was a parish hall in the grounds of a church,
kindly placed at our disposal by the Rector. As thanks, we made sure
to collect detailed mapping information for church and grounds.

I can't work out the best tagging for the perimeter of the church
grounds themselves. These encompass the church itself, the parish
hall, a car park, rectory and gardens, all of which can be tagged
easily enough in ways that will render. I've provisionally used
landuse=churchyard, which doesn't render.

Is there any consensus of how this should be tagged? If so, does it
render, or might it in the future? Our PR value rises greatly if the
people who have been kind to us can see the results of our mapping...

Thanks,
Dermot