[OSM-talk] How to tag this unknown barrier

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:57:51 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Miriam Tolke <miriat at lycos.de> wrote:

> I tagged it as bollard before and yes, it comes near. But I think at least
> from the meaning of traffic_calming=chicane mentioned in the other answers
> it might even better.

I would say that a chicane is designed to slow down traffic (much like a
speed bump) and make a road less suitable for through traffic, without
blocking access for any vehicles that are able to use the road on either
side. This barrier is constructed to in such a way that cars which are able
to use the road, are unable to pass the barrier.

 - Gustav