[OSM-talk] Hierarchy of places

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:51:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Gustav Foseid <gustavf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you propose to replace place=hamlet/village/town/city with a
> place=populated_place (or something similar) and just use otehr metrics for
> rendering London more visible than Idmiston?

No. What I suggest is to keep the current place key as a first
argument to prioritize places and use either "population" or
"admin_level" as a second argument in case the first is equal. So if
Paris is declared twice as a place=town in the db, the second argument
can distinguish which one is the most important.