[OSM-talk] JOSM style collection?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 7 13:52:45 GMT 2008

Till Harbaum / Lists schrieb:
> Hi,

Hi!

> are there more josm styles than the one distributed with josm?
>
> My osm2go supports the josm style files and while i myself only did a potlatch
> like style and kept the original josm style as an option, someone else lately
> provided a very nice mapnik like style.

Seems a little more "generalization" of style files (between potlatch,
mapnik, josm, osmarender, ...) might save us all a lot of work in the
long run ...

> Since it's only a few days after osm2go started to have style support that it
> got its first user contributed style, i assume that we are not the only ones
> creating new styles.
>
> On the other hand i don't see how other styles can be selected within josm.
> Can one change the style there without overwriting files at all?

 From time to time I'm maintaining the default JOSM style and don't know
of any more such styles.

Do you know: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/MapPaint#Styles

I've just added a "Style Collection" section there, so if anyone has a
special (JOSM) style it would be nice to add it there.

Will make it much more likely, that stuff you want to see in the default
JOSM style will get in (hint, hint, ...) ;-)

Regards, ULFL