[OSM-talk] Are there any ways with street number ranges in the OSM database?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed Dec 10 10:52:59 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 09:56:53AM -0800, Dan Putler wrote:
> house number addressing in OSM, it was very useful. Given the related,
> and very active, "addressing" thread, it sounds like several issues need
> to be ironed out before there is a "final" OSM addressing scheme. From a

I never expect there to be one final addressing scheme. The Karlsruhe
scheme was intended as: We start here in Karlsruhe with something that
might work for us. If it also works for you thats fine, if not maybe you
can amend it, if it still doesn't fit, come up with something entirely
new. So far the scheme has seen some amendments and has more than 900
users who have used it. We'll see where it goes.

> practical point of view, it should be possible to do street intersection
> geocoding using OSM data as it currently exists, but the use of OSM data
> for other forms of geocoding is a work in progress.

What exactly do you want to do that doesn't work yet?

Jochen