[OSM-talk] addressing

Matias D'Ambrosio angasule at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:04:57 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 15:12:46 Shaun McDonald wrote:

> South Bridge in Edinburgh has the numbers run up one side, then back
> down the other.
 I just looked at Edinburgh and all I can say is, I'm sorry! Looks like a mess
to map, excellent work :)

> I find it very strange that you city blocks are so consistently 100
> metres by 100 metres. In my experience they are some random size.
> Consistent block sizes and grid road layouts are just so strange. It's
> trunk and branch cul-de-sacs that are the foray of the planners.
 I guess I just want you to hate me a little, here is my city, we often
complain about the poor quality of the grid:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-38.7142&lon=-62.2544&zoom=13&layers=0B00FTF

 Pay no attention to the weird mix of primary/secondary/tertiary, we're soon
having a meeting to improve that.