[OSM-talk] Old or dialectal names

Bèrto 'd Sèra berto.d.sera at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:06:39 GMT 2008

LOL I'm from Kiev, Ukraine. But that's the last 6 and half year :) I was
born in Biela, but my parents are from the Civass area, so I can
undertand Bielèis but I cannot really speak it. My native language
remains the Civass piedmontese, which very close to Turinèis, although a
bit different in articles (they say "le stra", we say "jë stra").

The article about Vignà is http://pms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vign%C3%A0 I
already added the road you mentioned, you can add the others following
the same standard.

As per orthography, Lissandren usually has a vocal shift in most tonic
As (part those before an N- sound, where N- is like 'galin-a', and gets
pronounced like the final English -ing, with a fully muted G). This
shift is sometimes marked graphically and sometims isn't. If you choose
to mark it, the proper letter is Ä. So you'd have 'can' (dog) and 'gät'
(cat). Ä is read basically like a short Piedmontese Ò (and 100%
identical to the Danish Å). Anyway, there is a fixed rule to have this
vocal shift, so it doesn't matter whether you specify it or not.

When you have a map of Vignà ready I can assist you in putting it in the
wiki.

Bèrto

wiseLYNX ?????: