[OSM-talk] First OpenGeoDB Import is done

Rob Reid rob at robreid.co.nz
Sun Jan 20 12:41:08 GMT 2008

Sven Anders wrote the following on 20/01/2008 09:56:
> Hi,
> today from 17:16 UTC to 20:53 UTC OpenGeoDB was imported to OpenStreetMap.
>
> Please have a look at the newly created data. I hope you enjoy the work. If
> there is corrupted data, please reporte soon. I have made a backup and hope
> that I could fix it.

Just had a look at one of the tiles I was rendering for T at H home as I
noticed a lot of place names overlapping.

The import seems to have created duplicate nodes with differents tag.

If you have a look in JOSM  at :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.9&lon=13.45&zoom=12&layers=0BFT
Validate picks up a stack of 7 duplicate nodes and another stack of 6
duplicate nodes.
If you look at the 6 duplicate nodes there is one node named Powang and
5 named Oberleiten.
If you look at the 5 Oberleiten nodes they have the same place=hamlet
and population=17 tags, but different is_in and OpenGeoDB:postal_codes tags.

Is this what you were expecting to happen?

Cheers

rcr