[OSM-talk] Misclassified roads

Thu Jul 10 12:24:26 BST 2008

Steve Hill wrote:

> A dual carriageway that was tagged as highway=unclassified:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.67075&lon=-3.91377&zoom=16&layers=B00FTF

Er, I've driven past that one a handful of times (some friends used to
live in Pontardawe) and if it's the road I'm thinking of - down
towards the KFC - it _is_ unclassified. Well, either that or tertiary;
and as previously debated, the difference between the two is often
personal preference and depends on whether you take someone's
"helpful" "clarification" on Map Features as gospel.

> There are plenty more where they came from - I have retagged them as
> highway=road with the intention of going back and properly resurveying
> them when I have time.

Why not just leave them alone until you have the time to properly
survey them, rather than assuming you know better than the original
mapper?

cheers
Richard