[OSM-talk] New: 'OSM Mapper' for OpenStreetMap Contributors, by Ito World

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Jul 19 19:59:13 BST 2008

On 19 Jul 2008, at 19:44, Tim Waters (chippy) wrote:

> It is a very good tool! many many thanks! It's making me want to map
> more, to climb higher up the charts, heh.
>
> Also, I note, that for my area, over half the contributors add just
> one or two features, a pub here, a road there. This is really
> encouraging for the project, in my opinion, it shows people just
> adding their little bit - something that in the future, I think we
> will see much more of (possibly even negating the need for a login for
> just a casual edit).

Could it be that it is a mapper who is just passing through the area
that you are looking at?

It's not the first time I've done a long cycle and edited the odd
thing here and there on the way. It might be a hard core mapper who is
just touching a corner of the bounding box that you are looking at.

Shaun