[OSM-talk] Breakage in London, API won't serve

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 00:57:06 BST 2008

Folks,

There was a previous thread about the API responding with 500 due to
certain "broken" data. I've encountered such an area, but I can't work
out how to resolve the problem. It's in London, in the neighbourhood
of Portland Place. In fact, my attempts using JOSM to localise the
problem suggest that the problem may actually _be_ Portland Place. In
any case, here's a bounding box that will trigger the error:

51.519187949544865
51.520993785882624

-0.14677915570328842
-0.1425570966183938

According to the earlier thread, this may arise in certain cases of
broken relations. But I can't quite get my head around the remedial
measures discussed, so maybe somebody else could take a look at it.

Cheers,
Dermot