[OSM-talk] Track offsets

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Tue May 6 10:53:19 BST 2008

Steve,

I've seen this problem a long time ago when I was using some software to
convert a track I had previously made from live data, I think using
UPSUtility. I got a similar 50 to 100m parallel error. I think it turned out
to be a conversion error between the OSGB or possibly UTM format that
UPSUtility was set up to use at the time and the WGS84 of the final output
required for the gpx file. The track predated OSM (one was from the opening
day of the M6Toll) so had been saved in GPSUtilities format.

Converting the track within GPSUtility before then saving as a gpx I think
finally fixed the problem, but it was too long ago now to be sure exactly
what I did.

Cheers

Andy