[OSM-talk] simplifying mapnik layout definition

Andreas Barth aba at not.so.argh.org
Tue May 27 16:24:58 BST 2008

* Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog at gmail.com) [080527 17:06]:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Andreas Barth <aba at not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> > This drops the (IMHO unnecessary) LineSymbolizer (one can make it up
> > from the stuff around it) and emphasizes the differences. If this looks
> > ok-ish, I could write an converter from the new to the old format as an
> > starter.

> Nice idea except, what if for a single feature I want there to be a
> LineSymbolizer and a PolygonSymbolizer and a PointSymbolizer. Are you
> going to magically infer that also?

How about "I'll see how to solve that when I'll reach the point where
that's the issue"? (Or in other words, I would just start reducing that
file step by step, and see what issues pop up. I'm quite sure the first
script won't be the final version, but it would allow me to understand
the structure and needs better, and produce something proper. Of course,
if someone already understands it all, feel free to just do it. :)) )

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/