[OSM-talk] Proliferation of path vs. footway

DavidD thewinch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:58:23 BST 2009

2009/8/11 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:

> Those eight people can only do this if not even 0.1% of the other 10000
> care enough to oppose the proposal. If that's the case, then apparently
> the proposal isn't so bad, is it? Why didn't all those people who
> apparently hate "path" vote against it?

I originally did vote against it. Then when it looked like the vote
would go the wrong way it was stopped before being started again some
time later after tweaking the proposal.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Approved_features%2FPath&diff=85208&oldid=85192

I think the tactic of slinging a proposal against the wall until it
sticks will be pretty effective. People happy with the tags probably
don't go trawling through the wiki looking at proposals very often to
start with. Those that do look at the proposals and are happy with the
current tags will get put off pretty quick once they realise their
vote doesn't really count for much.

Mapping is enough work as it is without having to frequently check
proposals in the wiki.

--
DavidD