[OSM-talk] Business Building Conventions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:04:48 BST 2009

2009/8/21 David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com>:
> And in any case, I think there's something to be said for these large
> retail warehouses being marked differently from a shop. I think it is a
> perfectly valid way to do it, and as a side effect it gets these large
> landmarks on named on the map when simple shops aren't.

if you tag the outline (AREA) instead of a node, you'll get their
names as well on the (rendered) map as long as they are big enough. I
think that's the best approach (because you get the visibility
correlated to the size of the area). I don't see why you have to add a
node to label them.

cheers,
Martin