[OSM-talk] New dimension of vandalism

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 09:42:52 BST 2009

2009/8/29 Mike Harris <mikh43 at googlemail.com>:
> The law may say that in ?Poland? (apologies if I've guessed the wrong Slavic language) - but I don't think it does in - for example - England. Here, I have hardly ever - if ever - seen a 'living street' - at least as I understand the wiki definition. I tend to use =residential for the backstreets (assuming they have vehicular access). Am I wrong? Am I alone in this?

The only living streets I know were converted from a street to
maxspeed=20 and pedestrians have right of way that's if cars are
allowed any more.

Three notable examples come to mind, they are Pitt Street and Martin
Place in Sydney, and the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane:

http://osm.org/go/uN@ROOOc9-
http://osm.org/go/ueD2VtG@6--

These are exceptions and usually rare, certainly not back streets as
they are usually areas of very high pedestrian traffic.