[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:32:16 GMT 2009

"Proposed" and then either "Default Recommendation" or "Alternative Tagging"
- with the last of these tags having a link to a, perhaps pre-existing,
default - ? Problem is that my proposal - or any other - will always be
dependent on the mother tongue of the reader. We probably should pay more
attention when discussing a tag to the question of possible ambiguities or
misinterpretation that could arise in translation - and then think about
alternative wording. Some discussions have done this - and we clearly
benefit from a number of veterans whose English is outstanding even if not
their mother tongue.

Mike Harris