[OSM-talk] Key:smoothness

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:28:35 GMT 2009

Mike Harris schrieb:
> Sam
>
> Thanks - I don't feel quite so bad now after reading your response ...
>
> Ulf
>
> I think Sam makes much the point that I failed to explain properly. Forlåt
> että jag förstår inte .. (or should that be Entschuldingungen daß ich nicht
> richtig verstehen habe ... you never know with a googlemail address!)

Hi Mike!

Don't feel so bad. You were just the last one of a few mails where I had
the strong feeling that people arguing against a proposal that they
don't even read or tried to understand.

You can argue that a proposal that you first have to understand is a bad
proposal - but.

At the Essen OSM User workshop days last year we sad down with 6 people
trying to find something better than this. We thought about the possible
solutions, their benefits and drawbacks.

In the end, we came to the conclusion that the proposal is far better
than it looks at first sight.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I'm german, it's difficult for me to read "Forlåt että jag förstår
inte" ;-)