[OSM-talk] undeleting ways?

MP singularita at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:27:26 GMT 2009

I noticed someone deleted several forests in one part of world
(Southern Bohemia)

Perhaps someone was playing with the data or accidentally deleted it
and now the forests are gone. (for some of them orphaned nodes were
left behind)

Is there any way to retrieve deleted nodes and ways and restore them
if I know bbox where they were?

In OSM API I found "GET /api/0.5/<objtype>/<id>/history" which would
give also deleted objects, but for that I have to know ID of the way
that was deleted. Which I don't know. And traditional data retrieval
by bbox does not give deleted items.

Potlatch is supposed to have some undelete functions, but potlatch
never worked on my machine.

Any clues how to "undelete" stuff deleted by someone else?

Martin