[OSM-talk] undeleting ways?

malenki me at malenki.ch
Sun Feb 8 07:05:26 GMT 2009

Am Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:27:26 +0100
schrieb MP <singularita at gmail.com>:

>Any clues how to "undelete" stuff deleted by someone else?

a)
get Potlatch running

or

b)
Retrieve lost data with planetosm-excerpt-tags.pl and
planetosm-excerpt-area.pl parsing an older worldfile (or better partly
file, if exist) containing the deleted items.

The latter I did one time with my E6600 4GB RAM, SATA-disks, no raid.
Uncompress lasted several hours: 4,5GB => 92,2GB, the parsing about 1,5+
days.

I did this mostly out of curiosity, just for having done something like
that one time. ^^
Nevertheless I could restore the missing waterway=river

hth
malenki

Maybe there are other methods - I don't know them.