[OSM-talk] Fwd: hello form Greece

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 13 13:45:02 GMT 2009

Hi,

Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> I wonder if there is any other off-line GIS editor than JOSM that can only use
> imagery through WMS but not open any local image files directly.

There's two parts to it, orthorectifying/georeferencing the image and
believe JOSM could simply copy+paste some code from one of the existing
OS Java GIS packages. But I'd rather not build a warping engine into
JOSM, and most people who ask "how can I load my file" actually require
that...

BTW I hear that QGis now has an experimental plugin that you can use to
edit (!) OSM data.

Bye
Frederik