[OSM-talk] Fwd: hello form Greece

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 13 14:41:49 GMT 2009

Hi,

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> That's true, by running local (or remote) WMS there is not much to care about warping, knowing the original projection of image is enough.

I was thinking of images that do not have any projection, let alone a
"known" projection. Most use cases where people ask "how can I put this
image as a JOSM background" are cases where they have e.g. scanned a
site plan for a camp site or forest walk or whatever, or maybe not even
scanned it but took a photography of it from an angle ;-)

Bye
Frederik