[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? & other duplicate tags [tagging]

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Tue Feb 24 13:41:18 GMT 2009

> We could also create a preprocessor that "unifies" OSM data.

I've been thinkink a lot about an osm pré-processor, but not to solve the
problem you mentionned.

The main problem, to my point of vue, in the duplicates tag case, is not at
developper/renderer side, but at begginers learning to contribute to OSM, and
that is not solvable by a pre-processor ;-)

I mentionned the fact that solving it for begginers will also solve it for a
cheap price at dev/renderer side.

> This seems to me far superior than trying to meddle with the OSM
> database itself through bots & scripts.

For data uses yes, but not for data feeding.

The idea I was after with a pre-processor was to explicit those so many
default values than need to be hardcoded in every routing software in order
to guess that a motorway is unaccessible to pedestrians.
But that's another story.

--
sly
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org