[OSM-talk] Canvec2osm -264 tags needed to be confirmed

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:38:19 GMT 2009

Thanks, Cool, i have switched the "CanVec:" to "canvec:" as that makes sense
:)

and maybe, it makes sense, the CanVec the features are listed as 2 uppercase
letters.
However, I added it because i thought it would be more understood by the
users, to quickly be able to  go to the wiki chart, as knowone would know
"LX" is Places of Interest.  As i also included the discriptives for the
provider.

What about using the tag "canvec:THEME=BS_Buildings_and_Structures"? (i can
agree on this change)

However, looking at the geobase2osm script, I can see that for the KEY's
yes, it's lowercase.  But for the Values, as long as it's consistent on
every use.  So I think that spaces are fine to use.  After all, the purpose
(of showing the full tag) is to show users that this data was imported, and
from CanVec's "Buildings and structures" theme.

Cheers,
Sam