[OSM-talk] License plan

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Feb 27 15:10:08 GMT 2009

Chris Hill wrote:
> Emoticon aside, I think the licence is far too important to just
> discuss among a cosy few.  When I tried to join legal (out of
> interest) I could not.

It's not a closed list - it's open to anyone and you can, of course, read on
the web or via Nabble. If you try to join again and it doesn't work, let me
know (I'm nominally the maintainer of the list).

> So, is there a succinct summary of the proposals,plans and options?

There's a load of stuff on the wiki, but http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=262
from a year ago is probably the simplest introduction to _why_ a change is
necessary (and the options are that we change or don't change).

cheers
Richard