[OSM-talk] License plan - better on legal@

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 16:23:53 GMT 2009

Hi!

sly (sylvain letuffe) schrieb:

>> The license change is no longer a boring legal affair,
> It has, and always will be, in the eyes of the majority.
>
> The best that can be done IMHO is to warn the maximum possible users, but
> don't force anyone to follow the discussion he is not interesting in.

I strongly disagree. At the latest when users are surprised by the fact
that they cannot log in anymore and a notice threatens to delete their
data if they not agree to some obscure licence change, most will become
interested.

But not very cooperative if it happens this way. :-)

You should inform as many users as possible about the upcoming licence
change and leave it to them whether they are interested.

> This announce as been made, I'd perfer you to continue talking about it on
> legal.

The legal details can be discussed on legal. But the matter of informing
or rather not informing the people concerned by this fits right here.

bye
	Nop