[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Trust

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 08:30:14 GMT 2009

> Thoughts on incorporating trust in change monitoring tools?

"Given eyeballs, all bugs are shallow". My interpretation is we should
make it easy for many people to use the data by publishing it on as
many devices and websites as possible. Getting our data in the Google
index. As opposed to new powertools.

I tried out Google Map Maker last year. Turns out they have too much
trust and too few eyeballs. I only contributed 2 objects. The PoI was
based on Landsat and surveying, yet it was denied. What damage would
it do if I add a PoI incorrectly ?

We can also provide our users (eyeballs) with a lot more context : By
displaying the last edit user name and timestamps more prominently. By
alerting them when other users have uploaded GPX data for the area
they are editing. Perhaps even logging zoom level and background used
when edits are made in Potlatch.